Monday, April 27, 2009

Whoever You Are, You Know Who You Are

Who are you, my love? From what far corner of the sky did you come to me? You floated into my arms on the wings of a warm summer sunset and licked my wounds clean until I felt nothing but content. But it still pains me to think of whence you came. I know I knew you, at some point... but who? Who are you? A dear friend, an old lover, a fleeting acquaintance... or perhaps an amalgamation of all the loves and beauties I've ever experienced in my lives? Perhaps you are just that-- an Adonis, an angel, crafted from the many souls who have touched me and shaped my own, crafted just for me by the hands of God. I wish I knew... I want to cry into your arms and tell you how thankful I am.

You have no idea, though. You just sit there cradling me on the front porch of your run-down Southern home, in our equally run-down Southern town, watching the stars shyly lift their shining heads as the sun dips below the horizon. The trees make a silhouette that casts us in gray shadow. Tears stream down my face but you are completely unaware of the state I'm in.

No comments:

Post a Comment